Krishi Vigyan Kendra is a frontline extension programme and innovative institutional model of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research. It is devoted to undertake the activities of technology assessment, refinement and dissemination through on farm testing, frontline demonstration, vocational training of farmers, rural youth, farm women and extension functionaries. Apart from this, KVK functions as an innovative agency for extending state of art services like online advisory and consultancy services.
- To test and verify the technology on farmers’ fields through on-farm adaptive research and frontline demonstration to develop location-specific technologies
- To demonstrate the latest agricultural technologies at the instructional farm with a view to reduce the technology dissemination losses
- To impart training to practicing farmers, farm women and rural youth by following the method of “teaching by doing” and “learning by doing”
- To organize vocational training programmes and income generation activities for rural youth and school drop outs by imparting skills
- To organize skill and production-oriented short and long term training programmes’ both on and off-campus
- To organize training for extension functionaries in the area of frontier technology
- To organize kisan melas, field days and farmer-scientist interface programmes
- To bring out literature, radio and TV programmes on modern technologies
- Conduct “On-farm testing” for identifying technologies in terms of location-specific sustainable land use systems through technology assessment and refinement
- Organise frontline demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information
- Organise short and long term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmer and rural youth with emphasis on “learning by doing” for higher production on farms and generation of self employment
- Organise training to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in. agricultural research on regular basis
- Act as a knowledge and resource centre for advancement of agriculture in the district.
To see more: https://www.bauranchi.org/kvks/