The District Agricultural Advisory and Transfer of Technology Centres are established at all the district headquarters in A.P. state during the year 1998. The District Agricultural Advisory and Transfer of Technology Centre (DAATTC) works mainly on the Farmer-Extension-Research interaction model. Presently each DAATT Centre has 3 scientists having specialization in Crop production, Crop protection, and Transfer of Technology (ToT).
- To assess and refine the technologies generated by the research scientists and their suitability for different farming situations.
- To assess the potential of the district by developing a database in order to exploit district resources and develop action plans in cooperation with line departments.
- To conduct field diagnostic visits, identify the field problems, and provide scientific solutions
- To organize KisanMelas in coordination with line departments.
- To extend scientific expertise to the line departments in conducting training programs for officials, farmers, and input agencies.
- To establish linkages with research institutes and other district units.
- To assist and implement the RAWE program and RAWE program for Agriculture and Community Science students, respectively