Objective of training –
Entrepreneurship and skill development in pearl culture and its by products.
Pearl is a valuable gem known for its hypnotic, lustrous appearance and is often compared with the moon for its calming and protective effects. It has often been associated with purity, wisdom, patience, and peace. In nature, pearl formation is observed as a rare event in oysters and mussels, and collecting.
• Date: August 8-12, 2023
• No. of days: 05
• Time: 10 AM – 5 PM
• Venue: Conference Hall MMV, BHU and B.Sc. Zoology Lab, MMV
• Registration fees: Rs 1000/-
• Who can apply: UG and PG students
• Total Number of participants: 30
Organized by Department of Zoology, Mahila Mahavidyalaya, BHUpearls is an even more tedious job. The pearl can be cultivated in these organisms by human intervention employing standard scientific techniques. The demand for pearls is exponentially increasing, not only as a valuable gem but also for decorative purposes in the global market. Pearl farming is gaining popularity in India owing to this high demand and the development of innovative techniques. The scope of farming pearls. along with commercial aquaculture activities, is one of the most lucrative agriculture businesses.
Benefits of training –
• The proposed training will be helpful for developing vocational skills in the area of pearl culture and preparing various decorative and ornamental items of commercial use.
• It will inculcate entrepreneurial skill among students. It will create self employment opportunities.
• It will promote culture of native mussels in different waterbodies for controlling water pollution
Original link: https://www.bhu.ac.in/