Topics to be covered
- Fundamentals of packaging technology.
- Packaging material identification.
- Mechanical, structural, barrier and thermal properties of packaging materials.
- Testing and quality evaluation of paper-based packaging materials as per national and international methods.
- Testing and quality evaluation of flexible packaging materials as per national and international methods.
- Safety of plastic packaging materials and migration testing.
- FSSAI regulations on food packaging and labelling.
- Familiarization with advanced food packaging techniques (Vacuum & modified atmosphere packaging (MAP).
- Active and intelligent packaging techniques for smart packaging application.
- Canning and retort pouch packaging .
- Development of biodegradable packaging materials from marine and agro-waste and quality testing.
- Development of bio-nanocomposites.
PG/PhD students in Food Technology/ Food Science/ Post Harvest Technology/ Fish Processing Technology/ Food Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering/ Polymer Chemistry/Packaging Technology or any other related subjects.
Application form received till 4 PM on 05/06/2023 will be considered for selection. The selected candidates will be informed by 4 PM on 06/06/2023.
Original link: https://www.cift.res.in/