The ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology (ICAR- CIRCOT), one of the premier constituent institutes of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), was established in the year 1924. The Institute is conducting research and development on all aspects of post- harvest processing of cotton and value addition to cotton by-produce with following mandate:
• Basic and strategic research on processing cotton and its ago- residues, development of value added products and quality assessment
• Skill development and business incubation services and function as referral laboratory for cotton fibres.
The Institute has been conducting skill development programmes to propagate, encourage and guide entrepreneurs to successfully adopt and market commercially viable technologies and to equip people with best practices in cotton ginning, quality evaluation of cotton fibers and value addition to by-products.
About the Training Programme
In India, cotton quality evaluation is accomplished largely by hand and eye methods, during purchasing of seed cotton from farmers by traders and ginning factory owners, which are known to suffer from limitations of inconsistency, subjectivity and inaccuracy. After globalization of market economy, cotton community all over has become quality conscious. Hence, there is need for well-trained personnels in the world to evaluate cotton on objective basis. ICAR-CIRCOT, with its appropriate infrastructure for training, conducts specialised training course to impart adequate theoretical and practical knowledge in the evaluation of cotton. The course is useful for persons related to cotton trade and industry.
Skill development on cotton grading, quality evaluation & marketing to cater the needs of Indian cotton sector.
Provide hands on experience on visual grading, and instrumental methods.
Know-how on effect of ginning & spinning on fiber and yarn quality and economics of cotton processing
- Course Content:
- Global perspective of Cotton
- Importance of cotton & its scenario in India and economics of cotton
- Importance of quality evaluation and grading of cotton
- Cotton fiber quality evaluation:-Theoretical background, sampling, logic and methods.
- Instrumental measurement of length, fineness, maturity, strength, trash content & fiber quality index.
- HVI & AFIS testing of cotton
- Contamination of cotton
- Marketing and commercial aspect of cotton
- Fiber attributes and their effect on yarn quality
- Advance in ginning & its significance on cotton quality
- Good management practices for cotton harvesting & storage
- Spinning behavior of Indian Cotton
- Techno-entrepreneurial activities related to cotton
- Hands on Training on Quality Evaluation of Cotton
- Visit to Cotton Association of India (CAI), Mumbai
June 26-30, 2023
July 24-08, 2023
August 28-Sep 01, 2023
September 25-29, 2023
October 16-20, 2023
November 20-24, 2023
January 16-20, 2024
February 20-24, 2024
Guest house accommodation at ICAR-CIRCOT is limited and sharing
accommodation (A/c) shall be provided at standard rate on first-come-first serve basis.
Fees: The programme fee is Rs. 10,000 + 18% GST per person. The charges
include course fee, course material, breakfast, tea and working lunch. The
fee does not include travel, lodging and conveyance and other personal
expenses. There is 50% concession for students, academicians and
participants from NARS.
Original link: https://circot.icar.gov.in/