The Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture was established in 1985 to undertake basic and applied research, to act as repository of information, provide leadership and coordinate network research, to act as a Centre for Training, to collaborate with relevant National and International Organizations and to provide Consultancy for the development of drylands. The All India Coordinated Research Project for Dryland Agriculture and the All India Coordinated Research Project on Agrometeorology with 25 partner centers across the country are part of the Institute.
Capacity Development activities
Training has been one of the major activities of the Institute. CRIDA has been providing training at various levels to top level Officials from all over India and International trainees on all aspects of dryland agricultural research and development. The Institute is also providing the technological backstop for developmental projects like watershed programmes, livelihood programmes to the Govt. agencies. Technology transfer and capacity building of all stakeholders received due attention, with several training courses ,on-farm skill transfer training programmes and front line demonstrations being undertaken.CRIDA also catered to the education needs of several students and researchers and ably supported the degree programme in Dryland Agriculture in collaboration with Osmania University.
The Institute has state of the art facilities for training such as air-conditioned Conference Room-cum-training halls, audio-visual aids, well equipped laboratories and hostel facilities of international standard besides 2 Research farms and a number of field demonstration projects.
CRIDA has experienced Scientists and Trainers in all the disciplines of Dryland Agriculture viz., Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Farm Machinery& Power,Soil Science, Livestock Production and Management, Climate Change studies and Social Sciences. Besides faculty are also drawn up from other National and International Organizations to share their experiences with the participants
Broad Subject Areas
- Agro climatology and crop planning
- Dryland agriculture technologiesSoil and water conservation
- Integrated nutrient/pest management
- Alternate land use systems
- Farm mechanization
- Livelihoods development & technology transfer
RAWEP-READY Objectives: (As per ICAR guidelines)
- To impart analytical skills and capability to work independently.
- To conceptualize, design and implement the proposed work plan.
- Learn to work as a team- sharing work amongst a group, and learn leadership.
- Learn to solve a problem through all its stages by understanding and applying project management skills.
- Learn to do various implementations, fabrication, testing and trouble shooting.
- Learn communication report writing skills.
Students of Agricultural Universities /ICAR institutes/ deemed universities / Educational Institutions recognized by ICAR/UGC are eligible to apply.
Duration: 3 months
I batch –June 15,2023 to September 15, 2023
Last Date for receipt of application: I batch- 1 June, 2023
Read more: http://icar-crida.res.in/19-05-2023/2023-24%20batch%201%20RAWEP-READY.pdf
Original link : http://icar-crida.res.in/